Prepping For Your Zoom Class
Before Class – Device & Room Settings
- Use a laptop, PC/mac or tablet with minimum 10-inch screen.
- Have your device in landscape position.
- Have your camera at eye level where possible.
- Your screen should be arms length, so your face and torso are visible.
- Sit facing your light source so your face is well illuminated and visible.
- Proper lighting allows good visibility of facial expressions and signing.
During Class – Zoom Settings
- BSL only
- Your tutor is Deaf
- Your class will be on mute to encourage BSL use
- Use chat window, if required.
- Can you see everyone?
- If not, select Gallery view in the top right-hand corner of your Zoom window (see link below)
- Raise your hand when you need to ask/answer
- Repositioning your camera
- Turn off your video whilst you reposition so class can continue until you’re ready.
If you need further support, please contact us and we’ll be happy to provide guidance.